Christmas Pudding Pops
- 200 g store-bought fruitcake, chopped
- 50 g milk chocolate
- 1 Tbsp apricot jam
- 50 g white chocolate, chopped
- Red and green jube lollies, finely chopped, to decorate
- 10 cake pop sticks
1. Process cake in a food processor to make fine crumbs.
2. Place the milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second bursts, stirring, until melted and smooth.
3. Add melted chocolate and jam to the cake crumbs. Pulse to combine. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll rounded teaspoons of cake mixture into balls. Place balls on prepared tray. Chill for 1.5 hours minutes, or freeze for 30 minutes, until firm.
5. Push a cake pop stick about halfway into each chilled ball.
6. Pierce small holes about 5cm apart, in the top of an egg carton. Stand cake pops upright in the egg carton.
7. Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second bursts, stirring, until melted and smooth. Cool for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
8. Spoon a little white chocolate over each cake pop (to resemble custard topping). Top with lollies to decorate. Set aside until set.
Tip: Have all the decorative pieces ready before icing the pops