Reindeer Cake Pops
- 150 g chocolate cake
- 25 g soft butter
- 50 g icing sugar
- 25 g dark chocolate
- 100 g milk chocolate
- small pretzels, broken into 'antler' shape pieces
- 8 red mini M&Ms
- 2 Tbsp blacwriting icing
- 8 cake pop sticks
1. Crumble the cake into fine crumbs using your hands or in a food processor. Put into a bowl. In another bowl, beat together the butter and icing sugar until creamy.
2. Melt the dark chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Add the melted chocolate to the butter mixture and combine well. Add this to the cake crumbs and mix thoroughly, using your hands, until it sticks together.
3. Divide the mixture into eight and shape each one into a smooth ball. Insert a cake pop stick, place on a tray lined with baking paper and chill for at least 2 hours.
4. Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Take a cake pop and dip in the chocolate. Shake gently until the excess has drained off. Pierce small holes about 5cm apart, in the top of an egg carton. Stand cake pops upright in the egg carton until partly dried.
5. Make two holes in the top of the head and insert a pretzel 'antler' in each one. Press an M&M in for the nose and hold for a few seconds until attached. Repeat with remaining cake pops. Leave to set for about 20 minutes and then using black icing, pipe on eyes and a mouth
Tip: Have all the decorative pieces ready before icing the pops