Mini Christmas Cakes
- 350 g mixed dried fruit
- 80 g glace cherries, chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 200 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
How to Cream Butter and Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Lightly grease a tray for mini loaves or large muffins, and line bases with baking paper.
2. In a saucepan combine the dried fruit, cherries and orange juice. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes stir once or twice. Allow to cool.
3. Beat the butter, sugar and golden syrup until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat lightly. Sift in the flour, mixed spice and cinnamon and stir gently to combine. Add dried fruit, cherries and orange juice mixture.
4. Spoon the mixture into your tins and push almonds in to each. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Remove from oven and cool completely in the tins.