Slow Roasted Pesto Salmon
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp roasted pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp extra olive oil
- 1.5 kg piece salmon fillet, deboned, skin on
- 2 red capsicums, chopped coarsely
- 1 red onion, chopped coarsely
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced.
2. Blend or process basil, garlic, nuts and juice until combined. With motor operating, gradually add 1/4 cup of oil in thin, steady stream until pesto thickens slightly.
3. Place fish, skin side down, on piece of oiled foil large enough to completely enclose fish. Coat fish with half of the pesto.
4. Gather corners of foil together above the fish and twist to enclose securely. Place parcel on oven tray and roast about 45 minutes or until cooked as desired.
5. Meanwhile, heat the extra 2 Tbsp oil in large frying pan, cook capsicum and onion, stirring, until onion softens.
6. Serve salmon topped with onion mixture, drizzled with remaining pesto.
TIP: If the pesto is a too thick, thin it down with a little olive oil before drizzling over the salmon.