Mediterranean Scotch Fillet with Red Wine Jus
- 1.5 kg whole scotch fillet
- 270 g jar char-grilled capsicums, drained, thickly sliced
- 100 g bocconcini cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 3 cups red wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups beef stock
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Butterfly scotch fillet and fill with capsicum, bocconcini, basil and pine nuts. Roll up tightly, securing with kitchen string.
3. Place beef on a wire rack in a baking dish. Rub all over with mustard. Pour wine and water into dish.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked to taste. Rest, covered, for 10 minutes before carving.
5. To make the red wine jus, strain pan juices into a medium pan with stock and wine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until reduced by half and thickened slightly.
For rare: cook 15-20 minutes for every 500g.
For medium: 25 minutes for every 500g.
For well done: 30 minutes for every 500g
* Check your store is Gluten free