Kumara Burger with Smashed Avocado & Pickled Salad
- 340g pack Bean Supreme Kumara Burger
- 3 tbsp Asian rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 handful dill, finely chopped
- 4 seeded burger buns
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 handful baby rocket
- 1 handful mint, finely chopped
1. In a bowl, start the pickled salad by adding the Japanese rice wine vinegar, salt, sugar & finely chopped red chilli. Add the thinly sliced red onion and cucumber, mix and allow to pickle for a minimum of 20 minutes.
2. In a second bowl, spoon out the avocado adding lemon juice & finely chopped dill. Using a fork mix or ‘smash’ the ingredients together until a chunky consistency is achieved. Add salt and ground black pepper to finish.
3. Slice your burger buns and warm through in a pre-heated 140°C oven.
4. Cook patties in a medium to hot frying pan using canola oil or in a sandwich press using canola oil from a spray can. Both methods will take 6 minutes to heat through and colour.
5. For assembly toss watercress and mint through the pickle. Generously spread smashed avocado over the base of the bun followed by the kumara patty and pickled salad. Finish off with the top of the bun.
By Bean Supreme