Asparagus with Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch black pepper
- pinch salt
- 600 g fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, chopped coarsely and lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup lightly packed small basil leaves
1. Combine the oil, juice and mustard in a screw-top jar and shake well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Boil, steam or microwave the asparagus until just tender, then drain. Place asparagus on a serving platter.
3. Combine dressing and tomato in a bowl and stir well. Spoon over the asparagus.
4. Sprinkle with pine nuts and basil leaves.
Tips: The dressing can be made a day ahead. Goes well with a slice of crusty bread to soak up the tomatoes and dressing.