Spider Cake Pops
- 1 (350g) pre-made chocolate cake
- 375g dark chocolate melt
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 16 ice-block sticks or skewers with sharp end removed
- Liquorice strips for legs
- 32 mini M&M’s
1. Place broken up cake into food processor and process until just starting to clump together. Shape level tablespoons of the mixture into balls, squeezing firmly. Place balls on a baking paper-lined tray. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes or until firm.
2. Stir chocolate and oil in a medium heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water until smooth (don’t let water touch base of bowl). Pour into a small heatproof jug.
3. Dip the end of one stick into the chocolate, then push it about halfway into a ball of cake. Return to tray. Repeat with remaining sticks and balls of cake. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes or refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.
4. Meanwhile, cut licorice into 4cm long pieces for legs.
5. Decorate one cake pop at a time. Dip a cake pop into the melted chocolate, rocking back and forth to coat; don’t swirl the pop or it will break. Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the jug.
Stand pop upright in a styrofoam block. Insert 8 licorice pieces into sides of pop for legs. Decorate with M&M’s for eyes. Stand pop upright until set. Repeat with remaining cake pops, licorice and M&M’s. Re-melt chocolate as necessary.