- 4 eggs
- 2-3 cups leftover, cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ½ cup cheese
- 1-2 cups leftover vegetables
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley or herbs of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 200°c.
2. Crack one egg into a medium-sized bowl, beat it lightly and then stir in the rice and olive oil. Grease a shallow quiche dish and spread the rice over the bottom of the dish, pressing it down with the back of a spoon to make a smooth, firm base.
3. Sprinkle some of the grated cheese over the base. Put the rice crust into the oven for 10 minutes, to firm it up before you add the topping.
4. Beat the three remaining eggs and stir in the rest of the cheese, the chopped vegetables, herbs, salt and pepper.
5. Pour the mixture over the rice base and return the quiche to the oven for 30 minutes until golden and firm.
By Love Food Hate Waste