- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (can use any specialty bread)
- Cooking oil spray
- 1.5 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (50g) roasted almonds, chopped coarsely
- 180 g Food Snob feta, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- Coriander to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
2. Cut bread into 1.5cm thick slices; spray both sides with cooking oil. Place on one of the lined oven trays. Bake for 8 minutes or until browned lightly.
3. Meanwhile, cut pumpkin length-ways into slices about 3cm thick.
4. Place pumpkin, chilli flakes and oil in a large bowl; toss well to combine. Arrange slices on to the second baking paper-lined oven tray. Roast for 25 minutes or until just tender.
5. Spread pesto over toasted bread and top bread with 3-4 pumpkin slices; sprinkle over almonds, feta and coriander.
Tip: Replace pumpkin with kumera, olives or your deli favourites.