- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500 g chicken, diced or minced
- 35 g packet taco seasoning mix
- 400 g tin diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 10 taco shells
- 1 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1-2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add chicken; cook, stirring, until browned.
2. Add taco seasoning mix; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add diced tomatoes and water; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; season to taste.
3. Meanwhile, heat taco shells according to directions on packet.
4. Place chicken mixture into taco shells; top with lettuce, carrot, tomato, cheese, coriander and sour cream.
Tip: Use tortillas instead of taco shells or replace the diced tomatoes with a jar of thick taco sauce or chunky salsa.