Leftover Cereal Slice
- 2 cups crushed leftover cereal
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut plus 1 Tbsp extra, to sprinkle
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, plus 2 Tbsp extra
- 150g butter, melted, plus 10g extra, at room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup milk
How to Cream Butter and Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm (base measurement) slice pan with baking paper, extending paper at long sides for handles.
3. Combine cereal, flour, sugar, coconut, sultanas and cocoa powder in a bowl. Add butter and egg; mix until well combined.
4. Using hands, press evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked.
5. Sift icing sugar and extra cocoa powder into a bowl. Add extra butter and the milk; stir until combined. Spread icing over hot slice, then sprinkle with extra coconut. Cool in pan. Cut into bars.