Citrus Roast Chicken
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 2 lemons, for zest and juice, reserve 1 tsp zest for garnish
- 1 orange, for zest and juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups couscous
- 200 g beans, steamed
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, steamed
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Into a large baking dish place chicken, lemon, orange, garlic, thyme, oil, salt and pepper and stir well. Leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
3. Place the chicken into the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
4. Place couscous into a large bowl. Add two cups of boiling water. Cover and let it sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
5. Serve the chicken hot with couscous, juices from the pan, steamed beans and asparagus. Garnish with lemon zest.
Tip: The chicken can be marinated the night before, so it is ready to go straight into the oven.