Citrus Roast Chicken
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons, reserve 1 tsp zest for garnish
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1Tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups couscous
- 200g beans, steamed
- ½ bunch asparagus, steamed
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Into a large baking dish place chicken, lemon, orange, garlic, thyme, oil, salt and pepper and stir well. Leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
3. Place the chicken into the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
4. Place couscous into a large bowl. Add two cups of boiling water. Cover and let it sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
5. Serve the chicken hot with couscous, juices from the pan, steamed beans and asparagus. Garnish with lemon zest.
TIP: The chicken can be marinated the night before, so it is ready to go straight into the oven.