- 1 x in-store bakery Cob Loaf, unsliced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables or leftover cooked vegetables
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 80g salad leaves
1. Preheat oven to 170?C.
2. Cut the top from the cob loaf, scoop out the bread from the inside of the loaf without breaking the walls. Brush the inside of the loaf with oil then bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the sides have hardened.
3. Smother the pesto over the inside of the cob. Into a large bowl place eggs and whisk. Add onion, garlic, vegetables, parsley, salt, pepper and half the cheese combining well.
4. Pour the mixture into the cob, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until set.
5. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with salad.
TIP: Cube the bread scooped out of the loaf, and make croutons to use on a salad.