Halloumi, Bacon and Vegetable Kebabs
- Bamboo skewers
- 150g Halloumi cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 bacon slices, quartered
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into cubes
- 4 mushrooms, quartered
- Oil for drizzling
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cups rice, cooked as per packet instructions
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Soak eight bamboo skewers in cold water for 15 minutes.
2. Thread halloumi, bacon, courgette, onion, capsicum and mushrooms onto skewers. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle skewers with oil. Heat a frying pan or BBQ to a medium heat. Cook the kebabs for 2 or 3 minutes each side until golden and cooked to your liking.
4. Combine sour cream and sweet chilli in a small bowl.
5. Serve the kebabs hot on a bed of rice and a dollop of sour cream sauce on the side. Garnish with parsley.
TIP: When cutting your vegetables try and keep them all roughly the same size so they will cook evenly.