Chickpea Burgers with Kale and Beetroot Slaw
- 420g can chickpeas, drained
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup kale, shredded
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup grated beetroot
- ½ cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Oil for cooking
- Flour for dusting
- 4 Ciabatta buns
- 500g frozen fries, roasted until crunchy
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Into a kitchen processor place chickpeas, onion, garlic, mixed vegetables, cumin, coriander, parsley, lemon zest, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Blitz until well combined and holds together. Remove from the processor and shape into four even sized patties.
2. To make the slaw: combine kale, carrot and beetroot in a bowl and mix well. Combine yoghurt and lemon juice and stir through the slaw.
3. Preheat oven to 170?C.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Dust patties with flour and brown on each side. Place into the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Warm the ciabatta buns in the oven for five minutes.
6. Serve the patties in a toasted bun topped with the slaw and a side of roasted fries.
Tip: Try making small slider size patties and serving with pre-dinner drinks.