Hoisin and Plum Pork Mince in Lettuce Cups
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 500 g pork mince
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 100 g Vermicelli, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, whole leaves
- 1 carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 1/4 cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes. Add mince and cook until it just starts to brown.
2. Add hoisin sauce, plum sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil and stir through. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and mix through the vermicelli and coriander.
4. Just before serving stir through half the carrot and cucumber using the remainder for garnish.
5. Spoon mixture on to lettuce cups and serve on a large platter with lemon wedges.
Tip: When browning mince use a fork to ensure there are no lumps. Use a large frying pan to avoid over crowding. This pork mince is also delicious served on rice with a squeeze of lemon.