Greek Baked Chicken
- 3 medium sized potatoes, skin on, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1kg chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish
- 100g salad leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place sliced potatoes into the base of a greased ovenproof dish.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Brown the chicken on all sides, then place on top of the potatoes. In the same pan, fry onion and garlic until golden. Add tomatoes, lemon zest, sugar, oregano and olives. Heat through until just bubbling. Pour over the chicken pieces.
4. Sprinkle feta over the top of the chicken and tomato mix. Cover and place into the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Serve the chicken hot garnished with parsley and a side of salad.
TIP: Wrap the left over feta and freeze. It doesn’t last long in the fridge but freezes well.