- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 35g mild taco seasoning
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained
- ½ 400g can diced tomatoes
- 220g corn chips
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 125g sour cream
- 1 tomato, chopped, to serve
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160ºC fan-forced).
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add mince to brown all over. Stir through the taco seasoning and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add kidney beans, then the tomatoes and simmer for five minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Into a large baking dish place corn chips, mince mixture and sprinkle over the cheese.
5. Place into the oven and bake until the cheese is nice and golden.
6. Serve hot with sour cream and a sprinkle of parsley and tomato.
Try using premium mince which has less fat. You could also try adding some grated carrot, mushrooms or capsicum to add more vegetables to your meal.
• Energy 3213Kj • Protein 48g • Total Fat 40g • Saturated Fat 18g • Carbohydrates 50g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 1767mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.