Kumara and Bacon Fritters
- 2 large kumara, peeled and cubed
- Oil for cooking
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bacon rashers, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 1 cup silver beet, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Half head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 100g feta, crumbled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 500g frozen fries, roasted until crunchy
1. Place kumara into a pot of salted water. Cook for 10 minutes until softened. Drain and mash roughly.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon cooking for 5 minutes until cooked and slightly browned. Add to the kumara. Then add eggs, flour, cheese, silver beet, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper. Combine well.
3. Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Spoon large tablespoons of mixture into the frying pan, cooking 3-4 minutes each side. Remove and keep warm while you cook the remainder.
4. Combine lettuce, carrot and feta.
5. Serve the fritters with salad, fries and sauce on the side.
TIP: Make these vegetarian by removing the bacon and adding extra feta to the fritter mixture.