Chicken Lentil Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed, cut in half horizontally
- 3 Tbsp oil plus extra for cooking
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 x 420g canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 100g Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Whole baguette, toasted, to serve
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Place chicken onto a plate and smother both sides with 1 Tbsp oil, 1 Tbsp mustard and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine lentils, tomatoes, red onion and parsley. Set aside.
3. To make the dressing: combine in a small jar 2 Tbsp oil, lemon juice, 1 Tbsp mustard, peanut butter, honey and sesame seeds.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside. Add Brussels sprouts to the pan, cook for 4 minutes tossing to cook evenly then add to the lentils.
5. Slice the chicken into strips and add to the lentils. Add dressing and toss well.
6. Serve in a large bowl with toasted baguette.
TIP: When cooking spouts treat like a mini cabbage and take the loose out leaves and core out before shredding.