- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g minced beef
- 425g can Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 cup peas
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 400g dried lasagne, cooked and drained
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil over low heat in a frying pan.
2. Add onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft, but not coloured.
3. Add mince and cook until the mince changes colour.
4. Add tinned tomatoes, peas, salt and pepper and parsley.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
6. Preheat oven for 170oC fan bake.
7. Melt the butter in a small pot, add flour and stir for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and cook until the sauce is thickened. Add three quarters of the cheese.
8. Place a quarter of the mince into a greased 25x15cm baking dish.
9. Cover with a layer of lasagne, mince, then cheese sauce. Repeat this ending with cheese sauce and then add the remainder of the grated cheese.
10. Bake for 40 minutes until brown.