Chicken Tomato Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 500g Macro chicken breasts, cubed
- 400g spaghetti, cooked
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan, to garnish
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pot to a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic cooking for 3 or 4 minutes to soften.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer for 8 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
3. In a frying pan, brown the chicken and cook through. Add to the tomato sauce.
4. Toss the chicken and tomato sauce through the pasta.
5. Serve hot with shaved parmesan and basil leaves to garnish.