Chicken and Tomato Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 500g Macro chicken breasts, cubed
- 400g spaghetti, cooked
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan, to garnish
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pot to a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic cooking for 3 or 4 minutes to soften.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer for 8 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
3. In a frying pan, brown the chicken and cook through. Add to the tomato sauce.
4. Toss the chicken and tomato sauce through the pasta.
5. Serve hot with shaved parmesan and basil leaves to garnish.
Swap half or all of the spaghetti for courgette noodles to add more vegetables to your meal. You could also add grated carrot.
• Energy 1673Kj • Protein 36g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 4g • Carbohydrates 32g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 691mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.