Herb and Parmesan Chicken Schnitzel
- 4 medium sized potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 Tbsp oil plus extra for cooking
- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed, cut in half horizontally
- flour for dusting
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 egg, lightly whisked with 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, steamed
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
How to Crumb Meat or Fish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cut potatoes into 1cm slices and place onto a baking tray. Using a small knife cut slits into the top of each slice. Rub with 1 Tbsp oil and sprinkle with salt and smoked paprika. Place into the oven for 15 minutes then turn for a further 15 until crisp and browned.
3. Between two pieces of baking paper using a rolling pin flatten the chicken into thin schnitzels approximately ½ cm.
4. Combine breadcrumbs, herbs and Parmesan in a flat bowl. In a separate bowl, season the egg with salt and pepper.
5. Dust the schnitzels with flour, then dip into the egg and then breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
6. In a large frying pan heat a little oil and the butter. Cook the schnitzels two at a time for 3 or 4 minutes each side until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Serve the schnitzel with sliced potatoes, steamed broccoli and lemon wedges.
TIP: Try this herb and Parmesan crumb with fish and serve with an aioli dip.