Beef Tagine with Roasted Cauliflower
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 600g chuck steak, diced into 3cm cubes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube dissolved in 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cups rice cooked as per packet instructions
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and carrot, cooking for 4 minutes to soften.
3. Add chuck steak and cook until brown all over, about 5 minutes. Add the spices and sugar and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add tomatoes and beef stock. Place into an oven-proof casserole dish and bake in the oven for one hour or until the meat is tender.
4. Meanwhile, halfway through cooking the tagine, place cauliflower onto a baking tray. Toss in remaining oil and salt. Place into the oven for 30 minutes to cook through and brown slightly.
5. Remove the tagine, stir through the peas and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. To serve, sprinkle the cauliflower on top of the tagine. Garnish with parsley and serve with rice.