Beef Tagine with Roasted Cauliflower
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 600g chuck steak, diced into 3cm cubes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube dissolved in 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cups rice cooked as per packet instructions
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a heavy based pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and carrot cooking for 4 minutes to brown slightly.
3. Add chuck steak and brown all over. Add in all the spices and sugar and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add tomatoes and beef stock. Place into an oven proof casserole dish and in the oven for one hour or until the meat is tender. Remove the tagine and stir through the peas.
4. Place cauliflower onto a baking tray, toss in a little oil and salt. Place into the oven for 30 minutes to cook through and brown slightly.
5. To serve sprinkle the cauliflower on top of the tagine. Garnish with parsley and serve with rice.
TIP: Measure out all the spices into a small bowl before you start to make the process simple. They can then be tipped in all together.