Bacon and Broccoli Carbonara
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 400g fettuccine
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 rashers shoulder bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, blanched
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
1. Cook fettuccine as per packet directions.
2. In a large frying pan heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 4 minutes until softened. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Add broccoli and thyme and heat through.
3. Add Parmesan and parsley to the beaten eggs and combine.
4. Into the same frying pan add pasta tossing until hot through. Turn off the heat and mix through the egg mixture. The eggs will cook with the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve into bowls garnished with Parmesan.
TIP: Don’t forget to use at least half of the stalk from the broccoli head, it is delicious and a shame to waste it.