Thai Style Sticky Pork and Broccolini
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 300g pork mince
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 cup grated palm sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup deep fried shallots
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted peanuts
- 2 bunches broccolini, halved crossways
- 1 1/4 cups lightly packed coriander leaves
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add pork and cook, stirring , for about 5 minutes or until browned lightly. Add garlic, cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Drain on absorbent paper.
2. Add sugar, sauce and lime leaves to the pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 2 minutes or until thick. Return the pork to the pan with half the shallots and half the peanuts. Cook uncovered for about 2 minutes or until mixture is sticky but not too dry.
3. Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave the broccolini until just tender, and drain well.
4. Stir 1 cup of the coriander leaves into the pork mixture with the lime juice, remaining shallots and peanuts.
5. Place broccolini on a serving platter, top with the pork mixture, the remaining coriander and chilli. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
TIP: This mixture could also be served in lettuce cups, if preferred