Spicy Coconut Fish Soup
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 200g firm white boneless fish
- 1 bunch pak choy, trimmed, leaves and stems separated
- 425g can baby corn, drained
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- bean sprouts to serve
- coriander leaves to serve
- sliced red chilli to serve
- lime wedges to serve
How to Tell When Fish is Cooked
1. Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant.
3. Blend in stock and coconut milk. Simmer gently 4-5 minutes. Add fish, bok choy stems and baby corn. Simmer 2-3 minutes, or until fish is just cooked through.
4. Add fish sauce and sugar, then stir. Add bok choy leaves and remove from heat.
5. Divide noodles among serving bowls and ladle over the soup. Top with a small amount of bean sprouts, coriander and chilli, to serve. Accompany with lime wedges.
Tip: to make this recipe gluten free, look for gluten free curry paste. Also check your chicken stock is gluten free or use home made.