Mushroom and Spinach Bruschetta
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled,halved
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 50g butter
- 750g button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 300g spinach, trimmed
1. Cut ciabatta into 1cm-thick slices (you will need about 24 slices). Toast under hot grill on both sides until browned lightly. While still hot, rub one side using two cloves of garlic. Brush each lightly with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
2. Meanwhile, crush the remaining garlic. Heat ¼ cup of the oil and butter in a large frying pan. Cook the mushrooms and garlic, in batches, stirring over high heat, until very soft. Add the lemon juice, stir over high heat until all the liquid is evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan, add the spinach and cook, stirring, over high heat until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper, then drain.
4. Just before serving, top toast with the mushroom mixture and spinach; sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
Tip: replace ciabatta with gluten free bread to make this recipe gluten free