Date, Almond and Chocolate Torte
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 225g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 1/4 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- whipped cream to serve
- cocoa to serve
- berries to serve
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 oven trays and trace a 23cm circle on each.
2. In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form using an electric mixer. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly until thick and glossy.
3. Lightly fold in the remaining ingredients. Divide mixture between trays. Lightly spread to form 2 rounds. Bake for 30-35 minutes until firm. Cool torte in turned-off oven with door ajar, then refrigerate until required.
4. Sandwich discs together with cream. Dust with cocoa. Serve in wedges, topped with berries.