Curried Mince with Cabbage and Rice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 500g beef mince
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 packet chicken noodle soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
- 3 cups cooked rice or noodles to serve
- Squeeze of lemon to serve
1. In a large frying pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic cooking for 2 or 3 minutes. Add mince and cook until browned and cooked through. Add curry powder and stir through.
2. Add chicken noodle soup and water, cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add cabbage and peas and let the cabbage wilt. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Garnish with parsley, a squeeze of lemon and serve hot on a bed of rice or noodles.
Try adding a can of lentils to the mince for some fibre and to make the mixture go further.
• Energy 1739Kj • Protein 35g • Total Fat 10g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 44g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 762mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.