Smoky Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff
- 200g fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms, cut in half
- 400g beef schnitzel, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 200g light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 gherkins, chopped finely, for garnish
- Fresh curly parsley, chopped to garnish
1. Cook fettuccine as per packet directions.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until softened. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Toss beef schnitzel with the remaining oil and paprika in a bowl. Heat a frying pan over high heat and brown the beef in two batches until just cooked.
4. Return meat and mushrooms to the pan. Add sour cream, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Stir through until hot.
5. Serve straight away on the hot pasta and garnish with parsley and gherkin.
TIP: When cooking pasta, continue to stir until all the strands are separated. No one likes their pasta stuck together!