French Toast with Crispy Bacon and Bananas
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 8 slices white toast bread
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 slices signature range bacon, grilled until crispy
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 100 ml maple syrup
1. Into a flattish bowl whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla and zest until well combined.
2. In a frying pan melt one tablespoon butter until frothy.
3. Dip one or two slices of bread depending on your pan size into the egg mixture and straight into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes then turn for another two. Remove and continue with the remaining bread.
4. Serve the toast layered with banana crispy bacon and a generous drizzle of maple syrup.
TIP: French toast is the perfect way to use bread that is two or three days old and needs using.