Vegetable Fritters with Crispy Bacon
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 cup Homebrand frozen mixed vegetables
- little butter for cooking
- 400 g Signature Range bacon
1. Into a large bowl place the flour, baking powder, salt and curry powder. Stir to combine.
2. Drop the egg into the middle. Add the milk a little at a time whisking until the batter is smooth. Fold through the parsley and vegetables.
3. Grease a frying pan with a little butter to a medium heat. Add a dollop of batter to make the first fritter. Wait for it to bubble then flip and cook on the other side for 2 minutes.
4. Continue with the remaining batter, cooking two or three at a time.
5. Preheat a grill and cook the bacon until crispy.
6. Serve the fritters warm in a stack with a layer of bacon in between.