Steak Sandwich with Bearnaise Sauce
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 500g beef steak, sliced thinly
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 50g baby rocket leaves or salad greens
- 225g can sliced beetroot, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp bearnaise sauce
1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
2. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add beef. Cook 1-2 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil. Rest 1 minute.
3. Cut bread in half horizontally and then cut in half again so you get 4 pieces. Toast bread for 2-3 minutes under a hot grill. Top with rocket, beef, beetroot, tomato, onion and a dollop of bearnaise sauce. Cut in half. Serve with hot chips if desired.