Pumpkin, Spinach & Salami Salad
- 400g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut in small wedges
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 80g salami, cut into thin strips
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 120g feta, crumbled
1. Place pumpkin and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover, microwave on high (100%) for 5 minutes or until tender. Stand for 1 minute. Drain.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add salami, cook and stir for 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat. Add capsicum, stir to combine.
3. To make the dressing: whisk remaining oil, vinegar, syrup and mustard in a jug. Set aside.
4. Combine avocado, spinach, pumpkin mixture and pine nuts (if using) in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Serve topped with feta.