Thai Fish Sliders
- 250g white fish
- 100g surimi or prawn meat
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- Oil for frying
- ¼ cup plain flour for dusting
- 12 sliders
- ¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
How to Tell When Fish is Cooked
1. In a food processor, combine fish and surimi, then pulse until finely chopped. Add egg, curry paste, spring onion, coriander, garlic, ginger and salt, blending to mix well. Shape the fish mixture into small patties. Chill until required.
2. For the coleslaw, combine cabbage, carrot, capsicum and toss with oil and sweet chilli.
3. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan. Dust patties with flour. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes each side until golden, puffed and cooked through.
4. Cut sliders in half and layer with coleslaw and a fish pattie. Sandwich with the top bun and skewer to hold in place.