Mini Choc Chip Hot Cross Scones
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- ¾ cup milk choc chip bits
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup cream, plus 2 Tbsp extra for brushing
- ½ cup lemonade
- 60g milk chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, choc bits, sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre and stir through cream and lemonade with a butter knife until just combined.
3. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured board. Knead lightly to combine. Gently flatten dough until 3cm thick.
4. Use a 5cm round cutter to cut out scones. Arrange close together on tray. Brush with extra cream.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until scones are lightly browned and sound hollow when tapped. Allow to cool.
6. Fill a piping bag fitted with a writing tube with melted chocolate. Pipe chocolate crosses over cooled scones.