Lemon Thyme Chicken Nibbles
- 12 chicken nibbles
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, plus extra to serve
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 6 thyme sprigs
1. Prepare chicken by cutting off tips and slicing wings in half at centre joint. Place chicken in a large dish.
2. To make the marinade, mix together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, half of the chilli and half the thyme sprigs.
3. Pour marinade over chicken and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or leave overnight.
4. Remove marinated chicken from fridge 20 minutes before barbecuing. Keep leftover marinade. Place chicken on cold hotplate and sprinkle with remaining thyme sprigs. Turn heat to medium.
5. When chicken begins to sizzle, cover with barbecue lid and cook for 10 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Turn chicken, continue basting and cook for a further 5 minutes, until nibbles are golden, crispy and cooked through.
6. Transfer chicken to a serving plate, cover loosely with foil and leave for 3 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with salt and extra lemon juice. Serve sprinkled with remaining chilli powder, to taste.
Tip: This dish tastes better the longer you marinate it. For fuller flavour, try marinating the chicken wings overnight instead of just 3 hours.