Easter Hot Cross Buns Pudding
- 7 hot cross buns
- 50g butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 300ml cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- pinch of cinnamon or mixed spice
- 2 Tbsp liquid honey
- icing sugar and plain yoghurt, to serve
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Cut each bun into three even slices and butter. Arrange slices in a large ovenproof dish..
2. Whisk eggs, cream, sugar and spice, then pour over the buns. Allow to rest and soak up the cream for at least 20 minutes.
3. Drizzle over honey and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for a further 20 minutes or until golden and the custard has set in the centre.
4. Dust with icing sugar and serve with yoghurt.
Tips: Pudding can be covered with plastic wrap and chilled for up to 5 days.