- 200 g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup crushed almond meal
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 375 g milk chocolate melts, melted
- 150 g white chocolate melts, melted
- shaved milk chocolate, to serve
1. Place dark chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in almond meal, raisins and cinnamon. Chill until firm enough to handle.
2. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Using your hands, roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on prepared tray. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
3. Using a dipper or fork, dip 1 truffle at a time into milk chocolate, to evenly coat, draining off excess chocolate. Place on the baking tray. Set aside for 10 minutes to set.
4. Using a piping bag with a 4mm nozzle (or a sealed snap-lock bag with a corner snipped off), pipe a white chocolate cross on the top of each truffle. Set aside for 10 minutes to set. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
Tip: Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.