Spicy Roasted Lamb Salad with Couscous
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- leftover roast vegetables
- ½ cup cooked peas
- 1-2 handfuls chopped parsley
- Handful chopped mint
- Salad leaves or baby spinach (optional)
- Shredded leftover lamb
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Place the couscous, stock powder, garlic and cumin in a pan with water as specified on the couscous packet and cook according to packet instructions.
2. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains, then add roast vegetables, peas, chopped parsley, mint and salad leaves, if using. Top with shredded lamb. Squeeze in the lime juice and toss well to combine.
Tip: If you plan to use leftovers for this salad, you might like to cut some of the roasting veg smaller, specifically for the salad. Alternatively, you can chop bigger pieces when cooked but they will break up a little – they’ll still taste great, they just don’t look as pretty.