Greek style Roast Lamb with Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 2 kg lamb leg
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped coarsely
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup beef stock
1. In large frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil and cook potatoes until browned. Transfer to 4.5 litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
2. Make small cuts in lamb at 2.5cm intervals; press rosemary into cuts. Combine remaining oil, parsley, oregano, garlic, rind and juice in small bowl; rub mixture all over lamb; season. Cook lamb in same heated pan until browned all over.
3. Place lamb on top of potatoes; add stock. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours. Remove lamb and potatoes; cover lamb; stand 10 minutes before slicing.
4. Serve lamb with potatoes and sauce. Accompany with a green salad or steamed spinach, if desired.
Tip: If you do not have a slow cooker, roast the lamb after browning in a slow oven 120°C/100°C fan-forced for approximately 4-5 hours or until very tender. Cover with foil for the first half of cooking time.