Beetroot, Lentil & Spinach Salad with Feta
- 1 bunch small to medium beetroot, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 420g can lentils, drained
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 50g feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 1Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Place beetroot in a roasting pan. Drizzle with oil. Season to taste. Roast 1 hour, until tender when tested with a skewer. Cool.
2. Halve large beetroots; peel if desired. Arrange beetroot, lentils and spinach on a serving dish.
3. To make dressing: whisk together oil and vinegar. Season to taste. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with feta and walnuts. Serve.
Tip: Beetroot can be boiled, if preferred.