BBQ Lemon Prawns with Chargrilled Avocado Panzanella Salad
- 4 thick slices (200g) stale sourdough
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 600g tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 24 frozen prawn cutlets, thawed
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 avocados, halved and seeds removed
- handful basil leaves, torn if large
How to De-vein Prawns
1. Heat barbecue plate over high heat. Toast sourdough for a couple of minutes on either side, until crisp. Remove from heat.
2. Place lemon juice and caster sugar in large mixing bowl and whisk to dissolve sugar. Add oil and a little salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
3. Tear toast slices and add to dressing in bowl. Add tomatoes, spring onions and toss well with your hands to combine, squeezing a little to release some of the tomato juices. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place prawns in a separate mixing bowl, add lemon zest and season. Toss to coat. Cook on barbecue for a few minutes until just cooked through.
5. At the same time, place avocado halves flesh side down on the grill side of barbecue and cook for a few mins, until warmed through.
6. Remove prawns from barbecue and add to bowl containing bread and tomatoes. Using a spoon, scoop flesh from avocados and add to bowl. Add basil and toss well to coat. Serve while warm.