Banana bread with honey butter & blueberries
- 125g butter, melted
- 3 heaped tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sultanas, soaked in ¼ cup boiling water
- 175g plain gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, to serve
- 100g butter
- 1/4 cup honey
Banana bread steps:
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Beat 125g butter and 3 tbsp of honey until light and creamy, then add the eggs and continue to beat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add mashed bananas and stir these through with a wooden spoon (beating will mash them up too much). Add walnut pieces, vanilla and drained sultanas.
4. Using a third at a time and mixing well after each addition, sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
5. Scrape mixture into prepared tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 1-1¼ hours or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
6. Leave loaf to cool for 10 minutes before turning out of the tin to cool completely.
7. Serve slices with honey butter and fresh blueberries.
Honey butter steps:
1. Beat 100g butter until fluffy, then incorporate the 1/4 cup honey and continue beating until well combined. Stores well in the fridge.
Tips - You mustn't leave out the blueberries in this recipe – their fresh tartness goes so
beautifully with the sweetness of banana and honey.
Recipe from: Food to Love