Summer Fruit Tart
- 450 g block sweet pastry
- 3 cups 3 cups mixed fresh berries
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup fresh berries
- icing sugar
- mint leaves
1. Preheat an oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Roll the pastry on a lightly floured board into a rough 30cm diameter circle roughly. Lift the pastry onto the baking tray.
3. Place 3 cups berries into a bowl with the arrowroot and sugar stirring to combine well. Place the mixture into the centre of the pastry then spread the filling over the dough leaving a 5cm boarder. Brush the edges with the egg yolk then using your hands fold the pastry over your filling. Brush the pastry again and place into the oven for 35-40 minutes.
4. Allow to cool before serving. Garnish with fresh berries, a dusting of icing sugar and mint leaves.