- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 bag baby lettuce, washed
- 5 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette based salad dressing
- 1 wedge of blue cheese, crumbled
How to Use up Your Fruit and Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 175ºC. Bake pecans for 5 to 6 minutes until toasted, then remove and cool.
2. Line a serving bowl with lettuce. Place the watermelon on top and drizzle well with salad dressing. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and cheese to serve.
Tip: Use feta instead of blue cheese if desired – the saltiness of the cheese is the perfect balance to the sweet melon.