Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Salad
- 1kg asparagus, ends removed
- 1 bag of rocket
- 350g hot-smoked salmon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- cracked pepper
How to Use up Your Fruit and Vegetables
1. Steam asparagus in a large frying pan with a small amount of water and salt, with the lid on, until it is bright green and just tender when pierced with a sharp knife (about 5 minutes). Drain asparagus and wrap in a clean tea towel to dry.
2. Arrange the rocket leaves and asparagus on a large platter.
3. Carefully tear salmon into bite-sized chunks and nestle it into the greens.
4. To make the vinaigrette, place ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine. Drizzle over the salad and season with cracked pepper.
Tip: Save the asparagus ends to make soups.